Nick Hopton wrote:
In a recent message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Paul A. Rubin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote.

[...]
The update didn't screw up anything for me; I can view EmbeddedObjects.lyx as either DVI or PDF. Is the path to ImageMagick on Tools -> Preferences... -> Paths -> PATH prefix?
[...]

Thanks for this. In the end I downloaded a new ImageMagick and set the path in LyX to point to the new location (and then did a reconfigure, of course). This works, but the thing is that it wasn't broken before I did the upgrade.

Just for posterity, a reconfigure should not be necessary after installing a helper application such as IM, but restarting LyX would be necessary (I think) to get it to recognize the modified path prefix.

AFAIK the upgrade installer does not touch IM (or any of the helper apps), so I don't think it could have broken IM. It could hypothetically have stepped on the path prefix, but as I said before it did not for me. On the other hand, I don't think the upgrade installer would fix the path prefix, either, so if the first install of 1.5.0svn did not get the path right, I can see it staying wrong. Since 1.5.0 uses a different set of config files from 1.4.x, it would be entirely possible for 1.4.x to work and 1.5.0 to fail. Are you sure that you were getting image conversions with an earlier 1.5.0?

/Paul