hzluo schrieb:
>>>I got the SVN to compile fine with the instructions, but after
>>>copying the .exe
>>>over lyxc.exe of a completed 1.4.4 install, a dialog appears
>>>
>>>"Runtime Error R6034,
>>>An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library
>>>incorrectly.
>>>Please contact the application's support team for more information."
>
>>In the installer you used to install LyX 1.4.4 "lyxc.exe" is the real
>>lyx.exe while the "lyx.exe" there is a wrapper for the lyxc.exe.
>>Confusing? - indeed.
>>You can reinstall LyX 1.4.4 using this installer:
>>http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/LyXWinInstaller
>>
>>Then you can simply replace the lyx.exe with the one you compiled.
>>
>>regards Uwe
>
> I know this problem. The solution is pretty, strange.
> I mean strange, because it's one of the M$ disgusting thing...
> And it can't be solved even you install 1.5rc1 and replace the
> lyx.exe and tex2lyx.exe with the one you just compiled.

FYI, I now solved the problem.

I had even built an installer and it wouldn't run from a fresh install with
it.

The problem was that in the Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest file, there is a
line

 <noInheritable/>

which should be

 <noInherit/>

With that change, it runs fine. (may be that's another of these M$ disgusting
things...)

Georg