I bought the copy on publishing for LULU (I didn't realise there were two other options)

The style is very different to Alan's book, with detailed hand holding instructions on installing Lyx, Gimp etc.more screen grabs, and step by step menu paths

The focus on Windows is appropriate because the feel of the book is that it is written to encourage people who have never used anything other than Windows/Word to have a go AND take you by the hand every step of the way.

Graham

Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
Today, I search lulu for Alan's book (so I could send the http://www.lulu.com/content/1085870 link to a list I am on).

And I found a few other books too:

http://www.lulu.com/content/1165817
http://www.lulu.com/content/1097620
http://www.lulu.com/content/983754

Has anyone here read any of those?

I don't recall them mentioned on this list.

  Jeremy C. Reed

http://www.eset.com

Graham M Smith

Station Cottage                 Tel:    01749 840631
Station Road                    Fax:    0870 1322773
Binegar Mobile: 07971 177623 nr Radstock
Somerset
BA3 4UQ

Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] www.myotis.co.uk

Information contained in this e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only, and may be confidential or privileged. If you receive this message in error, please advise me immediately. If you are not the intended recipient(s), any form of distribution, copying, or use of information gained as a result of this communication is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. Attachments to this e-mail may contain software viruses that could damage your systems. I have taken reasonable precautions to minimise this risk, but you are advised that any attachments should be virus checked before opening.