I have not taken a look at these books, so I do not know if they are good or
not. I just found funny the review for this book:
http://www.lulu.com/content/1165817

It smells a little bit fake to me, do not you agree? According to the review, the son installed LyX, learnt to use it, and converted his MS-Word-based PhD thesis into a LyX document in one night! Impressive!

Cheers,
Nicolás

Graham Smith wrote:
I bought the copy on publishing for LULU (I didn't realise there were two other options)

The style is very different to Alan's book, with detailed hand holding instructions on installing Lyx, Gimp etc.more screen grabs, and step by step menu paths

The focus on Windows is appropriate because the feel of the book is that it is written to encourage people who have never used anything other than Windows/Word to have a go AND take you by the hand every step of the way.

Graham

Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
Today, I search lulu for Alan's book (so I could send the http://www.lulu.com/content/1085870 link to a list I am on).

And I found a few other books too:

http://www.lulu.com/content/1165817
http://www.lulu.com/content/1097620
http://www.lulu.com/content/983754

Has anyone here read any of those?

I don't recall them mentioned on this list.

  Jeremy C. Reed

http://www.eset.com