Thank you very much! That's more than I needed for my document. And my
document is now fully complete. Uff!!

You're right, the fancyhdr package must be installed since it did
work! :-)). Seriously, I could check its existence and location with the
"locate" command (locate latex | grep fancy), which showed several paths
to those group of packages. I had no idea about it.
I use Fedora Linux, so that means rpm packages, and there is none
package called in such a way or similar. Fortunately Fedora comes with
yum, a fine maintenance and package installer tool, that means in
practise that in the early stages of the running system, just by doing a
"yum -y install *latex*" will do everything instead you. And you forget
everything (I'm just a end user..). I'm not doing propaganda about
yum...,:-), each system has its own manner to manage this issues, I'm
just telling that you're right: _fortunately, in Linux_, most of the
times we have already installed more packages that we will be able to
know or discover, many of them won't even try once.

I've put in the preamble:

\usepackage{fancyhdr}
\pagestyle{fancy}

\lhead{my personal text...}

and by minimum common sense I've also discovered that the following does
work too:

\rhead{my personal text......}
\lfoot{personal text..}
\rfoot{personal text...}

Tremendously easy! Thank you.

I didn't understand the command \rfoot{\thepageno}, but actually I do
not care much about it, since I have no preferences over where must go
the page number, if below or above, if centered or placed to the right
corner..., I know that it goes centered at the bottom by default, but
personally I have no preferences here.

Daniel

El vie, 28-09-2007 a las 12:54 -0700, Donald R. Fredkin escribiĆ³: