Hello,

I was wondering if one can also use macros for some text things. For
example, I would like to use macros for abbreviations. In German the
abbreviation of "zum Beispiel" is "z.B." with a small space between
"z." and "B.". I realized it by putting
"\newcommand{\realAbkzB}{z.\,B.}" into the preamble and adding a
math-macro \abkzB that calles the \realAbkzB-command. In the .lyx-file
it looks like this:

\begin_inset FormulaMacro
\newcommand{\abkzB}{\mbox{\realAbkzB }}
{\mbox{z.\, B.}}
\end_inset

When I want to include "z.B." in my document, I have to press Ctrl+m
and enter "\abkzB". That works, but I have got to switch to math-mode
and in the macro I use an mbox to get back to normal text.

Is there any more convenient solution for such problems in LyX or is
the macro-feature a math-only thing?

Dominik