On Wed, 19 Mar 2008, Paul A. Rubin wrote:

> > How do I set up Lyx to use a network printer? At the moment I can > > print by viewing as pdf in kpdf which sees my printer. I would > > like to be able to print direct from Lyx though, as I sometimes > > want to print old files and not have to preview them first. > > Printing from one of the viewers is pretty much the recommended > method.

 Should we then have a 'print' entry in the File-menu?

I wonder about that myself. I never use it (I always print from a viewer), although that's partly because I don't have a PS-aware printer. Beyond that, it's not entirely obvious (at least to a newbie) just what File->Print is going to print, since DVI, PS and PDF outputs of the same doc tend to differ a bit.

Does it seem strange to have a "document processor" that cannot print?

I'd be ok with using the viewer, but it's confusing with a File->Print that doesn't work.

/C