On Mon, 24 Mar 2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Why not leave the page background undefined? Most browsers allow
selection of a default background color, don't they?

Eh... what would this result in for most users?  (I'm not sure I'd realise
that I can change the colour)

  I've changed the background color of firefox here, but pages still load
their own colors. If I tried to specify every color for everything locally
I'd certainly miss many, make a lot unreadable, and miss the skills of the
designer. I'll vote, too, for an off-white background as long as the text is
in a high contrast color.

Rich