On  7.04.08, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Monday 07 April 2008 10:54, Oscar Lopez wrote:

> > ... My colleague uses the windows
> > version of lyx and I use the linux version.
> > Now we are concerned with the use of a common vector drawing program
> > that can be used at both platforms.

> Try inkscape. I don't know if it works on Windows, but I like it.

Openoffice Draw should work on both platforms, but draws heavily on
the ressources.

Ipe <http://tclab.kaist.ac.kr/ipe> is a Qt based vector drawing app that
uses LaTeX for text. Ipe for win is at
http://luaforge.net/frs/download.php/2730/ipe-6.0pre30-win.zip
and Ipe for Linux might be part of your distribution.

> > The main feature that we require is that the vector drawing program
> > can annotate drawings with latex math formulae.

You might consider using the psfrag LaTeX package for this. It can
replace alphanumeric labels in eps files with LaTeX constructs
defined in the including document. (Drawback: it does not work with
pdflatex.)

Guenter