William R. Buckley schrieb:

Telling me, even suggesting to me, how I should react to the
written words of others is rude.
The telling is what is rude.
> You treated me rudely when you suggested how I should be
> affected by the written words of others.

What, it is rude that I said you shouldn't take André's reply personally?

LyX can satisfy all my needs.  However, in Ventura Publisher,
I can set every characteristic of each and every character in a document, even one that is thousands of pages, and hundreds
of thousands of words, setting each different from all others.

A different typeface for every character!

Yes, but unreadable. You doubt the power of LaTeX, but why use every publisher company I have worked with LaTeX? Surely not for its lack of power but for its strengths.

This is the power available.  If LyX/LaTeX/TeX cannot supply
this kind of capability, well, so be it.

Damn, read the link I have sent you and learn how the font stuff is done you will see that you can do everything with LaTeX.

I'm out as my patience is.

Uwe