I get this message when I try to open a recent or any document in LyX, but am
not certain where it should be sent.

To the Debian maintainer or to someone programming LyX?

$ lyx
QPaintEngine::setSystemClip: Should not be changed while engine is active
QPaintEngine::setSystemClip: Should not be changed while engine is active
QWidgetPrivate::beginSharedPainter: Painter is already active
QWidgetPrivate::endSharedPainter: Attempting to end a null painter
QPaintEngine::setSystemClip: Should not be changed while engine is active
QPaintEngine::setSystemClip: Should not be changed while engine is active
QWidgetPrivate::beginSharedPainter: Painter is already active

lyx: SIGSEGV signal caught
Sorry, you have found a bug in LyX. Please read the bug-reporting instructions
in Help->Introduction and send us a bug report, if necessary. Thanks !
Bye.
Aborted

--
Registered Linux User:- 329524
Awakening is not something newly discovered; it has always existed. There is