I would need the contents of the float to appear a footnote at the bottom of
the page.  Not clear how placing it in a float will cause this to occur.

Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 10:51:49 -0400
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Footnote without numbering (new)
CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; lyx-users@lists.lyx.org

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 10:23 AM, Bennett Helm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 10:17 AM, Adrian Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thank you for the suggestion but  unfortunately I really need to put a footnote
without a symbol or anything.  I am trying to use Lyx for my thesis.  Our
college requires that if any of the chapters has already appeared as a
publication that we need to list it on the first page of the chapter as a
footnote.  This is why I just want put a footnote at the bottom without having
it attached to a symbol in the main body.

Then it sounds like you don't want an actual footnote, but a float. How about
something like the attached?
Ooops -- I just realized that the previously attached document won't compile as
is. You'll need to delete the contents of the preamble (Document > Settings >
LaTeX Preamble) for it to work. ... Or just cut and paste the contents into a
new document.

Bennett

http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Join/Default.aspx?source=EML_WL_ChangeWorld