On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 6:23 AM, Adrian Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to enter footnote without the automatic numbering?  I think I
> saw something in the archives but it was for Lyx version 1.1.6 and the
> explanation was a little confusing.  Thank you.
>
> Adrian

> Change the world with e-mail. Join the i'm Initiative from Microsoft.
> http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Join/Default.aspx?source=EML_WL_ChangeWorld

Just wanted to add that I found another way to eliminate the footnote
numbering. Taken from:

ftp://tug.ctan.org/pub/tex-archive/info/latex4wp/latex4wp.pdf

It does eliminate all footnote numbering so if you need some footnotes
numbered and some not it may take a fair amount of tweaking.

Just put (in the Preamble):

\renewcommand{\thefootnote}{}

Cheers,
/Bob