My main point was -- If you are using Endnote as your main database, then it
might be better to create your own label (=Bibtex key) in Endnote according
to a pattern that you can recognize. Hence, my prolific author example in my
original post. In the end, however, I think it really depends how you have
set things up and your patterns of usage. The problem with automatic key
generation, in my opinion, is that it might create a patter that does not
make sense for the way you conceptualize your database. Is this not what you
are saying?

In the end, you have to use what works for you. Although, it is good that we
are all sharing our opinions in order to get an idea about what others are
doing. Everyone benefits from that type of discussion.

Peace,

Jeremy M. Kritt
Seoul National University of Technology
Seoul, South Korea.

--
Jeremy M. Kritt
Seoul National University of Technology, The Language Center

The information contained in and transmitted with this email message is
PRIVILEGED AND/OR CONFIDENTIAL. It is intended only for the individual or
entity designated above. You are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, copying or use of or reliance on the information contained in
and transmitted with this email message by or to anyone other than the
recipient designated above is unauthorized and is strictly prohibited. If
you are not the named recipient of this email message or have otherwise
received this email message in error, please delete the message immediately
and notify the sender immediately via return email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Unauthorized interception or use of this email or the information contained
therein may be a violation of law.