Hi Graham,
I'm using LyX for many (probably at least five or six) years now. Before I had used plain LaTeX also for years.

I have invested some time and used my experience with LaTeX to design templates for LyX documents for a few different types of papers I need for my small one man business as a management consultant. It's essentially a business letter template and a general template for general papers like documentation for training give.

And I do not agree with Steve Litt this time to use word for ad hoc documents. Especially outlining is now a LyX feature since 1.5.? So I put everything in an 'official' paper and I don't have to bother about what the document will look like later.

If you are interested in my templates send me a private Email, I can send you the LyX templates resp. the layout files for the document classes I have defined for my personal use, and there are also the respective style files which define my page layout and the titlepage etc.

Cheers

Hellmut

Graham Smith schrieb:
Steve,

Personally, I think for everyday letters, ad-hoc reports, informal reports,
initial design documents, and general "stuff" that's not too important,

That's worth thinking about.

For formal reports that have to look good, and especially if they have to look
consistent with former reports, I'd go with LyX over Word.

This is what I am mainly interested in, having experienced how much better a report looks produced in Lyx is compared to Word, its the production of technical reports that I can see the biggest advantage. But I admit, I had been thinking of trying to move everything over to Lyx, as Rich has now done.

--
Dr. Hellmut Weber         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Degenfeldstraße 2         tel   +49-89-3081172