Dear Olivier,

> The dummy.eps image you provided contains some text and a frame, at
> least that's the only thing I see in gsview and Corel Draw.

Well, it was just a dummy file to demonstrate the bounding box problem. You are
right, this will not show the other problem that turned up when drawing actual
schematics and trying to give them usable and correctly displayed bounding
boxes in LyX perusing this approach (using a windows batch script):

C:\Programme\gs\gs8.54\bin\gswin32c.exe -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -dEPSCrop
-sDEVICE=epswrite -sOutputFile=%2 %1

which renders catastrophic results quality. I tried it with adding the -r
switch and values up to about 6000, which did improve, but not to the quality I
was accustomed to using the bbget script and old ESP version ghostscript. And
values for switch -r somewhat above 6000 cannot be rendered by the YAP anymore

In the end I made a "brute force" attack to the problem: I bought me a second
hand harddisk for my old notebook (the HD can be changed within seconds) and
reinstalled a stone age Debian Sarge including stone age ESP ghostscript
V7.70.x on it. Using this proven setup - only to convert the EPS files with the
bbget script and a similar one for mass-conversions - I get perfectly rendering
printable output as well as perfectly displayed pictures in LyX again :-)

While this may sound like a primitive and brute approach to the problem, it
does the job and I can concentrate on actual writing on my book using LyX again.

Maybe I will re-analyse the problem somewhen, comparing actual outputs of
different bounding box fixing methods using a text- or binary-based diff
program, but at the moment I am just happy to be able to continue with my book.

Regards and thank you again for your patience, suggestions and help,

    Tom Schlangen

--
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]