On  7.07.08, Peter Pieczora wrote:
> Hi,

> > Do you know, that you only need to define the items that should deviate
> > from the definition by the included numarticle?

> I don't quite follow on that.

Sorry, I might have been a bit to vague.

It was not clear to me that your "Quote" style is the new environment and
I did not look at the numarticle.inc file to see what it actually defines
(not a new class but just labels for numbering).

Generally, defining a layout file is far more easy if you include a
matching standard layout file (*.layout or *.inc) and modify only part of
the definitions, e.g. in my spie.layout I define:

# Input general definitions
Input stdclass.inc

# Section-numbered style definition
Style Section
  Align                 Center
  AlignPossible         Block, Center, Left
  Font
    Series              Bold
    Size                large
  EndFont
End

(no need to repeat the margin etc.)

Maybe you have already done this.

> As far as nesting, only Style Quote needs something nested in it, namely
> sections and enumerates. As you can see from .layout Style Quote is defined
> as LatexType Environment.

Indeed.

OTOH, I do not have problems nesting enumerations and sections inside a
Quote environment in an "article" document, (see attached file).

I do not know what might cause the difference for your layout.

Just to verify: can you nest into a Quote in a standard article in LyX?

Günter