Thanks Oliver,

I still don't understand the underlying philosophy of layout modules:

0) What is a layout module?
1) Why are they better than just writing your own layout file?
2) How do you decide when to use them?
3) By what design methodology do you create them?
4) What are the attributes of a "good" layout module?
5) What are the attributes of a "bad" layout module?

Thanks

SteveT