David Hewitt wrote:
I upgraded to LyX 1.5.7 on WinXP with MikTeX 2.7 (updated). Everything
is fine except that update PDF does not work. When I try to update an
open PDF, which always worked fine before, I get an error from LaTeX:
---
I can't write on file `test.pdf'
---

The snippet of the Log file is here:

LaTeX Info: Redefining \ref on input line 49.
LaTeX Info: Redefining \pageref on input line 49.
(test.out) (test.out
! I can't write on file `test.pdf'.
Please type another file name for output
! Emergency stop.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ...utline goto name{#2}count#3{#4}

l.1 \BOOKMARK [1][-]{section.1}{Introduction}{}

Any help is appreciated. For the record, I updated MikTeX, refreshed
it, and re-created the format files, and also ran Reconfigure in LyX.

Dave Hewitt

Dave,

I suspect you're using Acrobat Reader, which locks the file while it's open. Check in the LyX bin directory and see if you have pdfview.exe installed. If yes, go to Tools -> Preferences... -> File formats, highlight in turn each PDF format you use, such as PDF (pdflatex), change the Viewer from 'auto' to 'pdfview' and click Modify and then Save. Then I think you'll need to restart LyX (but not reconfigure).

/Paul