>Thank you, this works, with two restirctions:
>1) It works for the long quotations, but I use short ones

Sorry, but I do not understand what you mean with short quotations.
Or rather it could mean several things for me :).
Maybe if you sendt me a small lyx-file with an example...

>2) The first character in each quotations does not appear.

>This is what I added:

>\let\oldquotation\quotation
>\renewcommand*\quotation[2][]{%
>\oldquotation\footnotesize}

I do not know all that much about LaTeX, however,
my understanding is that [2] implies that the command
should have two options given to it before the text,
And as you only give it one it tries to understand the
first letter in your text as an option. It does not
understand the letter  and throws it away.
Anyway you shouldn't need it, just delete [2][] and LaTeX
shouldn't eat your first letter.

Ingar