Burak Arslan wrote:

Thanks everyone for your replies, much appreciated :)

You're welcome. That's the way LyX community works ;-)

Abdelrazak Younes wrote:

You can also of course \input a latex or text file in LyX. So your current solution would still work the same.

It would, to a certain extent. within my makefile setup, I'd made sure that those small tex files got updated everytime a pdf was produced. that's what I wasn't able to do with lyx. Of course, i could run make as usual from the console, but i thought it was against the spirit of using lyx.

Sorry, my answer was not complete. You should of course let LyX handles LateX compilation, you ought to use 'lyx -e pdf' or 'lyx -e pdf2' for proper export.

Abdel.