Rudi van der Linde wrote:

In 1.6, we also have the info inset (InsetInfo) that can be easily extended to do what you want. Please open a bugzilla enhancement entry for this (bugzilla.lyx.org).
A feature that would be greatly useful to our business is the ability to include the current document's filename in the text for configuration management purposes. Is it already possible to do this with LyX or must an enhancement request be filed?

As Vincent mentionned, this feature already exists :-)

I take this occasion to remind businesses (not your business in particular Rudi) that they can push for this or that feature. If a feature is greatly needed for a given company, we can add a project in the Donation page* and find a developper for that. InsetInfo extension for svn for example can be such small projects.

Abdel.

* http://www.lyx.org/Donate