On 2009-01-27, Nikos Alexandris wrote:
> With this phrase starts the description of LyX in Ubuntu's repositories.

This seems to be taken from the package description in Debian:

   Document Processor
   LyX is an almost WYSIWYG-frontend for LaTeX. It makes the power and
   typesetting quality of LaTeX available for people who are used to word
   processors. Since LyX supports LaTeX's concept of general mark-ups, it
   is even easier and faster to create professional quality documents
   with it than with usual word processors. It is also possible to use
   LaTeX commands within LyX, so nothing of LaTeX's power is lost.

> I think it should read: LyX is a WYSIWYM document processor.

I don't think so: the WYSIWYM concept needs explanation itself, so you
cannot use it to explain what LyX is without first introducing this term.

My proposal would be:

   LyX is a graphical frontend for LaTeX. ...

> Anybody know's who should be contacted about that (if, of course, you
> _also_ disagree with the current description)?

Once we agreed on a better way to describe LyX,
just file a bug report to Debian or Ubuntu.

Günter