On Wed, 2009-01-28 at 11:29 +0000, Guenter Milde wrote:
> On 2009-01-27, Nikos Alexandris wrote:
> > With this phrase starts the description of LyX in Ubuntu's repositories.
>
> This seems to be taken from the package description in Debian:
>
>    Document Processor
>    LyX is an almost WYSIWYG-frontend for LaTeX. It makes the power and
>    typesetting quality of LaTeX available for people who are used to word
>    processors. Since LyX supports LaTeX's concept of general mark-ups, it
>    is even easier and faster to create professional quality documents
>    with it than with usual word processors. It is also possible to use
>    LaTeX commands within LyX, so nothing of LaTeX's power is lost.
>
> > I think it should read: LyX is a WYSIWYM document processor.
>
> I don't think so: the WYSIWYM concept needs explanation itself, so you
> cannot use it to explain what LyX is without first introducing this term.
>
> My proposal would be:
>
>    LyX is a graphical frontend for LaTeX. ...
>
> > Anybody know's who should be contacted about that (if, of course, you
> > _also_ disagree with the current description)?
>
> Once we agreed on a better way to describe LyX,
> just file a bug report to Debian or Ubuntu.
>
> Günter

Hi!

I think you guys (advanced users + developers) are justified to give the
"proper" definition. I am a new user, so my opinion is not of the same
weight. I just expressed my thought about this issue.

Kind regards, Nikos

P.S. @Christian + @all: let's keep this in one thread (doesn't really
matter which one (the current or Christian entitled "Who manages the
Ubuntu repository for LyX?").