Am 11.03.2009, 02:08 Uhr, schrieb Alex Fernandez
<alejandro...@gmail.com>:

eLyXer is very much a work in progress, since it only supports a
pretty small subset of LyX features

Being very impressed of the quality of the example
http://vecinos-productions.com/rayleigh/book.html
I suppose that

margin notes in LyX

(or better footnotes as numbered margin notes in the Handout (Tufte) LyX layout) will not yet be translated as such (i. e. marginals) by eLyXer.

(Sorry, I didn't install and try out eLyXer yet.)

But if you and others who are able to develope eLyXer would build that
capability in, it would serve very well my publications plans of texts
with many short helping/illuminating notes in the margin (for less
disconnect someone's reading of the main text.

Just to make you know my wish,
Good luck, joachim