Dear all,

I read that the  release of SyncTeX in the latest version of pdflatex (i.e. in
TeXLive 2008) makes possible back and forth navigation between pdf output and
Latex sources in a fairly painless and rather accurate way. Is anything like
that possible between pdf and LyX? Or is it perhaps a planned feature?

I seem to remember a developer saying that pdf-->lyx navigation shuold work
out ot the box thanks to Lyx's server technology, whereas lyx-->pdf needs some
coding efforts. But I could not find any detail on how to make the former (and,
to me, most important) navigation work.

Cheers,

S.

Stefano Franchi
Department of Philosophy          Ph:  (979) 862-2211
Texas A&M University              Fax: (979) 845-0458
305B Bolton Hall                  fran...@philosophy.tamu.edu
College Station, TX 77843-4237