On Thursday 07 May 2009 10:03:06 am BH wrote:
> On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 10:57 AM, Stefano Franchi
>
> <fran...@philosophy.tamu.edu> wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I read that the  release of SyncTeX in the latest version of pdflatex
> > (i.e. in TeXLive 2008) makes possible back and forth navigation between
> > pdf output and Latex sources in a fairly painless and rather accurate
> > way. Is anything like that possible between pdf and LyX? Or is it perhaps
> > a planned feature?
> >
> > I seem to remember a developer saying that pdf-->lyx navigation shuold
> > work out ot the box thanks to Lyx's server technology, whereas lyx-->pdf
> > needs some coding efforts. But I could not find any detail on how to make
> > the former (and, to me, most important) navigation work.
>
> On Mac at least: <http://wiki.lyx.org/Mac/Mac?from=LyX.Mac#toc13>
>
> BH

I'm on Linux, unfortunately. Judging from the Mac instructions on the wiki,
though, it seems that all it's needed is a SyncTeX-aware pdf viewer. Are there
any available on Linux? If so, I can't seem to find them.

S.

Stefano Franchi
Department of Philosophy          Ph:  (979) 862-2211
Texas A&M University              Fax: (979) 845-0458
305B Bolton Hall                  fran...@philosophy.tamu.edu
College Station, TX 77843-4237