Sent: Friday, May 15, 2009 2:40 AM
Subject: Re: two questions about figures

> Hello,
> I put figures in floats.
>
> 1) When I insert a figure into a float I can see
a box with words: Float: Figure, then this change to: Float:
Figure*.
> What is the difference between
Figure and Figure*?

> 2) The floats have standard setting plus span
column choosed. Figures have standard setting plus % of text
width.
> When I run Latex, two first
figures are displayed near the section where are defined,
the next figures are displayed 50 pages after, at the end of
the chapter. How I can correct
this?

Have you tried to change the "float placement" setting to
"here if possible" or "here definitely" ?
Check the user manual, section 4.6.3 and the
"Documents->Settings->Float Placement" options.

Best regards,

Olivier

I try it, but Here if possible and Here definitely are disabled.
Marcelo

¡Viví la mejor experiencia en la web!
Descargá gratis el nuevo Internet Explorer 8
http://downloads.yahoo.com/ieak8/?l=ar