Siegfried Meunier-Guttin-Cluzel schrieb:

I think the problem is that there isn't any updater for the normal installer there isn't any Lyx-1.6.3-1-Installer-Update.exe

Yes this is the case, because you can install LyX 1.6.3 over LyX 1.6.2 when you are using the standard installer. I created the update installer because users requested this to save download time and size.

And, yes I think Lyx must have been installed with the alt installer to use the alt installer update.

This is correct as described in my announcements, this Wiki page: http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/LyXWinInstaller
and the alternative installer info file at
ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/bin/1.6.3/
ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/bin/1.6.3/AltInstaller-README.txt

regards Uwe