I solved my cross-reference problem:
bigfoot seems not to accept footnotes if they are in a section heading.
after eliminating that one everything worked again.
nevertheless I as well have some problems with pagination
I can't get some pages flushbottom
no idea why
however it's only on very few pages so for the final version i can fix
it manually