OK, I've researched it a little more, and during the lyx --export latex, LyX
is converting a LyX idx inset containing "chapter 2|(" without the quotes to
the following LaTeX:

\index{chapter 2|(@chapter 2\textbar{}(}

The stuff from the "@" through the last "(" is superflous and causes errors. I
have two choices:

1) Get LyX to quit adding the stuff between the @ and the trailing ( or ) when
converting from LyX to latex, or

2) Create a computer program to go through my entire LaTeX file after export,
and remove all of those little extras. That would be incredibly kludgy and I'd
prefer not do do it.

So does anyone know why LyX 1.6.3 adds the extraneous material on range index
entries, and how I can turn off this behavior?

Thanks

SteveT

--
Steve Litt