Steve Litt schreef:
OK, I've researched it a little more, and during the lyx --export latex, LyX is converting a LyX idx inset containing "chapter 2|(" without the quotes to the following LaTeX:

\index{chapter 2|(@chapter 2\textbar{}(}

The stuff from the "@" through the last "(" is superflous and causes errors. I have two choices:

1) Get LyX to quit adding the stuff between the @ and the trailing ( or ) when converting from LyX to latex, or

2) Create a computer program to go through my entire LaTeX file after export, and remove all of those little extras. That would be incredibly kludgy and I'd prefer not do do it.

So does anyone know why LyX 1.6.3 adds the extraneous material on range index entries, and how I can turn off this behavior?

LyX adds the stuf _before_ the @ to ensure that the entries are sorted correctly. For example if you have \index{\LyX}, then this would be sorted on top of the list, not among the other index entries that start with an l. Therefore lyx outputs \index{...@\lyx}.

LyX does so whenever there is any character in the entry that is 'escaped' or a macro. In your case, LyX clearly thinks that he has to translate | into \textbar{}... , but this is wrong. LyX has learned to recognize the |.

Your testfile works perfectly for me with 1.6.3.

Vincent