Hello Bruce

On 10/26/09, Bruce Pourciau <bruce.h.pourc...@lawrence.edu> wrote:
>  In his wonderful book The Elements of Typographical Style, Robert
> Bringhurst suggests "pair[ing] serifed and unserifed faces on the basis of
> their inner structure." And he goes on to give examples: one might pair a
> modern geometric serifed face like Berthold Bodoni with a geometric
> unserifed face like Futura. Now Palatino is based on Renaissance humanist
> forms -- it looks like its written with a broad-nibbed pen -- and it would
> not mix well with Futura, for example. But it might mix well with Syntax,
> say, which is an unserifed face also based on Renaissance forms.

Thank you a lot for the explanations. I looked for Syntax (and for
other possible names suggested by Wikipedia, "Humanist 531" and
"Saxony") on the TeX Font Catalogue [1], but did not find anything.
Should I be looking for some different name?

Regards
Liviu

[1] http://www.tug.dk/FontCatalogue/alphfonts.html