wolflpc wrote:
Hi, Paul,

I followed the instructions here but can not work out. Could you please help me check out.
This is the text in the log file.

Everything in your log file looks fine -- the installer if finding LaTeX and most if not all document classes. Does LyX start? Are you able to create new documents (basic article class)? Can you open the help documents?

You're apparently using Windows, but which version (XP, Vista, 7)?

There have been some anecdotes (though none recently that I recall) about defective configuration files occurring in Windows and then sticking around even after reconfiguration. You might try deleting your LyX user directory. This is usually "C:\Documents and Settings\<your id>\Application Data\lyx16" on XP (not sure where it is on Vista). If not, do Help > About LyX in LyX and look for the "User directory" (expand ~ to your Docs and Settings folder). Delete the entire user directory and restart LyX. Maybe that will help. (If you have any customizations from a previous version, such as a modified bind file, you should copy those files someplace safe so that you can restore them once LyX is working.)

/Paul