Hi lyx-users,

   REVTeX 4.1 was recently released and all APS and AIP journals require this
format which may be backwards-incompatible with v4.0. I've the extended
revtex4.layout that accompanies LyX to revtex4-1.layout and am attaching it. I
request help with testing the layout.

   I have ported the sample document aipsamp.tex that comes with the REVTeX
4.1 distribution to a lyx file and the PDFs generated from both sources are
almost identical so I believe I have addressed most of the issues.

   This list doesn't accept emails over 60kB so I am able to attach only the
layout. Should someone be interested in the other files, please contact me
directly by email at this address.

Thanks,
Manoj Rajagopalan
#% Do not delete the line below; configure depends on this
#  \DeclareLaTeXClass{article (REVTeX 4.1)}
# RevTeX 4.1 textclass definition file. Based on:
# AMS-Article textclass definition file. Taken from initial LyX source code
# and from the Article textclass definition file, following the AMS sample
# paper "testmath.tex" of January, 1995
# Author : David L. Johnson <d...@lehigh.edu> (AMS)
#          Marc Mengel (RevTeX)
#          Amir Karger (LyX v11.34 style modifications)
#          Amir Karger (RevTeX 4 beta) 9/1999, 7/2000
#          Manoj Rajagopalan (RevTeX 4.1) 1/2010

Format 19
Columns                 1
Sides                   1
PageStyle               Headers
Provides natbib-internal        1
Provides url            1

# Default textclass options. The user may need to modify this.
ClassOptions
        Other                 "manuscript"
End

Preamble
        \...@ifundefined{textcolor}{}
        {%
         \definecolor{BLACK}{gray}{0}
         \definecolor{WHITE}{gray}{1}
         \definecolor{RED}{rgb}{1,0,0}
         \definecolor{GREEN}{rgb}{0,1,0}
         \definecolor{BLUE}{rgb}{0,0,1}
         \definecolor{CYAN}{cmyk}{1,0,0,0}
         \definecolor{MAGENTA}{cmyk}{0,1,0,0}
         \definecolor{YELLOW}{cmyk}{0,0,1,0}
         }
EndPreamble

Style Standard
        Margin                Static
        LatexType             Paragraph
        LatexName             dummy
        ParIndent             MM
        ParSkip               0.4
        Align                 Block
        AlignPossible         Block, Left, Right, Center
        LabelType             No_Label
End

# Idea from aapaper: declare all layouts here ("Style Foo\nEnd\n")
# so that they appear in a specific order in the layout dropdown menu.

Input stdinsets.inc
Input stdsections.inc
Input numrevtex.inc

Style Section
        Align                 Center
        AlignPossible         Block, Center, Left
        Font
          Series              Medium
          Shape               Smallcaps
          Size                Large
        EndFont
        TocLevel 1
End

Style Subsection
        Font
          Series              Bold
          Size                Normal
        EndFont
        TocLevel 2
End

Style Subsubsection
        Font
#         Shape               Italic
          Size                Normal
        EndFont
        TocLevel 3
End

Style Paragraph
        TopSep                0.7
        ParSep                0.4
        Font
          Shape               Italic
          Size                Normal
        EndFont
        TocLevel 4
End

# then define the unumbered sections, based on the numbered ones.
Input stdstarsections.inc

NoStyle         Chapter
NoStyle         Chapter*
NoStyle         Subparagraph
NoStyle         Subparagraph*

Input stdlayouts.inc
Input stdlists.inc
Input stdtitle.inc
Input stdstruct.inc

Style Preprint
        Margin                Right_Address_Box
        LatexType             Command
        InTitle               1
        LatexName             preprint
        ParSkip               0.4
        BottomSep             1.5
        ParSep                1.5
        Align                 Left
End

Style Title
        Font
          Series              Bold
          Size                Large
        EndFont
        OptionalArgs          1
End

Style Author
        Font
          Size                Large
#         Shape               Smallcaps
        EndFont
End

Style Date
        LabelType             Static
        LabelString           "Date:"
        LabelFont
          Shape               Italic
          Size                Large
        EndFont
End

Style Affiliation
        Margin                Dynamic
        LatexType             Command
        InTitle               1
        LatexName             affiliation
        ParSkip               0.4
#  BottomSep            1.5
#  ParSep               1.5
        Align                 Center
        AlignPossible         Block, Left, Right, Center
        LabelType             Static
        LabelSep              M
        LabelString           "Affiliation:"

        LabelFont
          Shape               Italic
        EndFont
End

Style AltAffiliation
        CopyStyle             Affiliation
        PassThru              1
        LatexName             altaffiliation
        OptionalArgs          1
        LabelString           "AltAffiliation:"
End

# Address is exactly the same as Affiliation. We just put this in so
# that tex2lyx will know what to do with it.
Style Address
        CopyStyle             Affiliation
        LatexName             address
        LabelString           "Address:"
End

Style Thanks
        CopyStyle             Affiliation
        LatexName             thanks
        LabelString           "Thanks:"
End

Style Author_Email
        CopyStyle             Affiliation
        PassThru              1
        LatexName             email
        OptionalArgs          1
        LabelString           "Electronic Address:"
        TextFont
          Family              Typewriter
        EndFont
        LabelFont
          Family              Roman
        EndFont
End

Style Author_URL
        CopyStyle             Author_Email
        PassThru              1
        LatexName             homepage
        OptionalArgs          1
        LabelString           "URL:"
End

Style Abstract
        InTitle               1
        ItemSep               0.2
        ParSep                0.3
        LabelFont
          Size                Large
        EndFont
End

Style Acknowledgments
        LatexType             Environment
        LatexName             acknowledgments
        ParIndent             MM
        ParSkip               0.4
        Align                 Block
        AlignPossible         Block, Left, Right, Center
        LabelType             Centered_Top_Environment
        LabelString           "acknowledgments"
        LabelBottomSep        0.5
        LabelFont
          Series              Medium
          Shape               Smallcaps
          Size                Large
        EndFont
End

Style PACS
        Margin                Dynamic
        LatexType             Command
        InTitle               1
        LatexName             pacs
        LabelType             Static
        LabelSep              M
        LabelString           "PACS number:"
End

Style Keywords
        CopyStyle             PACS
        InTitle               1
        Latexname             keywords
        LabelSep              M
        LabelString           "Keywords:"
End

# Modify stdstruct.inc Bibliography def. to avoid the "References" section-title
Style Bibliography
        Margin                First_Dynamic
        LatexType             Bib_Environment
        LatexName             thebibliography
        Category              BackMatter
        NextNoIndent          1
        LeftMargin            MM
        ParSkip               0.4
        ItemSep               0
        TopSep                0.7
        BottomSep             0.7
        ParSep                0.5
        Align                 Block
        AlignPossible         Block, Left
        LabelType             Bibliography
#       LabelString           "References"
        LabelBottomSep        1.2
        LabelFont
                Series              Bold
                Size                Larger
        EndFont
        HTMLStyle
                div.bibliography {
                        margin-left: 2em;
                        text-indent: -2em;
                }
                span.bibitemlabel:before { content: "["; }
                span.bibitemlabel:after { content: "] "; }
        EndHTMLStyle
End

Input stdfloats.inc
Input stdcounters.inc