On 03/06/10, Uwe Stöhr <uwesto...@web.de> wrote:
>Am 06.03.2010 22:49, schrieb Stefano Franchi:
>> Another puzzling issue:  I have a file with two figure floats and two
>> table floats. In the compiled pdf, the figures are correctly numbered as
>> figure 1 and figure 2, while the tables come out as table 2 and table 4.
>> Latex log output is not particularly enlightening.
>
>Do you have a _small_ LyX example file?

I think I solved the problem, but I am even more puzzled. Exporting to latex
and looking at the source file I noticed that both tables (one per float) had
been set to longtables. Removing the longtable setting from within lyx
restored correct numbering.
What I don't understand is:

1. Why the longtable setting was turned on, since these are short tables and I
do remember NOT choosing it? It seems that Lyx had done that automatically. Is
that possible?

2. But even in that case, why does a long table inside a table float count as
TWO tables? Is this expected Latex behavior?

I am enclosing a short file (just the two tables), even though it may not seem
necessary.

Puzzled,

S.

>regards Uwe
Stefano Franchi
Department of Philosophy          Ph:  (979) 862-2211
Texas A&M University              Fax: (979) 845-0458
305B Bolton Hall                  fran...@philosophy.tamu.edu
College Station, TX 77843-4237