On 03/07/10, Uwe Stöhr <uwesto...@web.de> wrote:
>Am 07.03.2010 17:16, schrieb Stefano Franchi:
>> 1. Why the longtable setting was turned on, since these are short tables
>> and I do remember NOT choosing it? It seems that Lyx had done that
>> automatically. Is that possible?
>
>I never had this case nor was this reported (except of LyX 2.0svn because
>the table dialog is currently broken).

Do you mean that this particular behavior was never reported, or that there is
*no* situation in which Lyx may trigger the long table option automatically?
If the latter, then I think I found a bug. It would be pretty hard to
replicate, unfortunately. If the former, I'd like to learn how to avoid it.

>> 2. But even in that case, why does a long table inside a table float count
>> as TWO tables? Is this expected Latex behavior?
>
>A longtable inside a float doesn't make much sense because a float cannot be
>placed over two pages. That is counts as two tables, is described in the
>EmbeddedObjects manual, sec. 2.6.3 "Longtable Captions".

Thanks for the pointer---I didn't know. I had never even thought about what
would happen to a longtable inside a float---as you say, it does not make
sense. That's probably why it took me a while to understand what was going on.

Cheers,

S.
Stefano Franchi
Department of Philosophy          Ph:  (979) 862-2211
Texas A&M University              Fax: (979) 845-0458
305B Bolton Hall                  fran...@philosophy.tamu.edu
College Station, TX 77843-4237