Uwe Stöhr wrote:
Stefano Franchi schrieb:

Do you mean that this particular behavior was never reported, or that there is *no* situation in which Lyx may trigger the long table option automatically?

I meant both.

If the latter, then I think I found a bug. It would be pretty hard to replicate, unfortunately.

If you are once able to reproduce please report this in our bugtracker as this is a mustfix.

2. But even in that case, why does a long table inside a table float count
as TWO tables? Is this expected Latex behavior?

This is a LaTeX issue.

Seeing that longtable in a float is meaningless, how about disallowing it? I.e. gray out the longtable option for any table that resides
in a float, and clear the longtable setting on any table pasted
into a float...

Helge Hafting