>   Is there an easy way to insert an "overhang" command into a Figure Float?
>>

> You only need to specify a width for your image that is wider than the page
> or column width. Use for example a width of 110 column%. Attached is an
> example where I have done this for a box.
>
> regards Uwe

Thank you Uwe, but that merely enlarges the image and extends it into the
margin.
It does not MOVE the image.  An overhang moves the image across into the
margin which is what I need.
Think of it this way:
         I wish to have an image (of any desired size) placed in the top
outer corner of the page.
Images will vary in width; but their outer edge will always hang outside the
text edge by the same distance.
It seems to me that this is exactly what "overhang" achieves.
If only I can get it to work with a regular image float, not just with a
wrap float.

Cheers, George