On 07/30/2010 10:25 AM, David Hopkins wrote:
If I export an OOo document using writer2latex.oxt, it outputs a tex
file which has all the necessary tex/latex commands to compile
directly. However, I'd like to then import that document into LyX.  My
issue is that I seem to need to create a layout that uses everthing
between the \documentclass and \begindocument in the tex file?  I've
tried reading notes on the wiki and searching this list but I have not
understood what I need to do.  For instance, if I have a very simple
document (just a line of text), writer2latex.oxt produces the
following, but I can't just import this into LyX. If someone can point
me at the correct tutorial on how to 'split out' this document so that
it can be used with LyX, I'd be very grateful. Note: My actual
document has \usepackage, \newcommand, etc but I'm assuming the
process for something simple like the following would apply for a more
complicated document as well.

I'm not sure I understand the problem. I just imported the document into LyX (File>Import>LaTeX). It's attached, and it compiles just fine. All the preamble stuff just ends up at Document>Settings>LaTeX Preamble. Most of that is junk that can just be deleted anyway. Why writer2latex insists upon setting footskip, e.g., is pretty unclear.

rh

=====

% This file was converted to LaTeX by Writer2LaTeX ver. 1.0.2
% see http://writer2latex.sourceforge.net for more info
\documentclass[letterpaper]{article}
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[english]{babel}
\usepackage{amsmath}
\usepackage{amssymb,amsfonts,textcomp}
\usepackage{color}
\usepackage{array}
\usepackage{hhline}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\hypersetup{pdftex, colorlinks=true, linkcolor=blue, citecolor=blue,
filecolor=blue, urlcolor=blue, pdftitle=, pdfauthor=David
{\textless}hopkins{\textgreater}, pdfsubject=, pdfkeywords=}
% Page layout (geometry)
\setlength\voffset{-1in}
\setlength\hoffset{-1in}
\setlength\topmargin{0.7874in}
\setlength\oddsidemargin{0.7874in}
\setlength\textheight{9.4251995in}
\setlength\textwidth{6.9251995in}
\setlength\footskip{0.0cm}
\setlength\headheight{0cm}
\setlength\headsep{0cm}
% Footnote rule
\setlength{\skip\footins}{0.0469in}
\renewcommand\footnoterule{\vspace*{-0.0071in}\setlength\leftskip{0pt}\setlength\rightskip{0pt
plus
1fil}\noindent\textcolor{black}{\rule{0.25\columnwidth}{0.0071in}}\vspace*{0.0398in}}
% Pages styles
\makeatletter
\newcommand...@standard{
   \renewcomma...@oddhead{}
   \renewcomma...@evenhead{}
   \renewcomma...@oddfoot{}
   \renewcomma...@evenfoot{}
   \renewcommand\thepage{\arabic{page}}
}
\makeatother
\pagestyle{Standard}
\title{}
\author{David {\textless}hopkins{\textgreater}}
\date{2010-07-30}
\begin{document}
This is a simple one line document.
\end{document}