On 08/13/2010 03:47 AM, Peter Baumgartner wrote:
Is there a way in the LyX user interface to label enumerate lists besides
the standard (arabic)? Using package and module enumitem I've written some
list formats I'm using very often but can't display in LyX their different
labels.

I've tried to define counters at paragraph style and text class level but
the LabelString parameter does not work for me. There is a cryptic footnote
in the manual saying "any numbertype other than those described below will
produce arabic numerals", but than the text goes on and describes all
relevant types like alph, roman etc.

I've seen that other people in their modules have used in similar situations
blue font to warn that there is no WYSIWYG. So what: Is this a bug or I'm
doing something wrong?

I'd have to see what you'd tried to do to know what was wrong. Possibly the issue is that enumerations can only use the predefined enumi, enumii, etc, counters.

I think enunitem and the module are best for one-off changes to lists. If you want regularly to use a list that is marked with roman numerals, then I'd write a new list type and a little module that contained it, such as the attached.

Ps.: I very appreciate the module "customizable list" by Guenter Milde.
Thanks! But IMHO it lacks appropriate documentation.

Feel free to write some!

Also the name for the
inset "Short Title" is misleading and should - as long as is not provided as
standard with LyX - go into the Custom insets menu.

This will be addressed in 2.0, where argument support is much more flexible.

Richard

#\DeclareLyXModule{Entry}
#DescriptionBegin
#An environment for syllabus entries.
#DescriptionEnd

Format 11

Style Entry
    Margin                First_Dynamic
    LatexType             List_Environment
    LatexName             Entry
    NextNoIndent          1
    LabelSep              xxxxxx
    LeftMargin            MMM
    ParSkip               0.4
    ItemSep               0.2
    TopSep                0.7
    BottomSep             0.7
    ParSep                0.3
    Align                 Block
    AlignPossible         Block, Left
    LabelType             Manual

#define the environment
    Preamble
        \usepackage{calc}
        \newlength{\dwidth}
        \newenvironment{Entry}%
{%
            \begin{list}{}%
{%
                \setlength{\parsep}{0pt}%
                \setlength{\itemsep}{0.25\baselineskip}%
                \settowidth{\dwidth}{29--29 September 2007}%
                \renewcommand{\makelabel}[1]{##1\hfill}%
                \setlength{\leftmargin}{\dwidth + 0.5in}%
                \setlength{\labelsep}{0.5in}%
                \setlength{\labelwidth}{\dwidth}%
                \renewcommand{\makelabel}[1]{##1\hfill}%
}%
}
{%
              \end{list}