Am 19.08.2010 16:36, schrieb stefano franchi:

I need a slightly more sophisticated formatting of endnotes than what
you describe in the manual. The edited book I am working on has all
endnotes at the back, grouped by chapter. Every  block of endnotes
begins with a heading like "Notes for chapter X."  I suppose I could do
it by hand, but I wanted to somewhat automatize the procedure.

I understand and think that this is the better solution.

I will ask on the tex list. Hopefully the memoir maintainer will take a
look.

If you don't get an answer at the newsgroup comp.text.tex, write an email to
Lars Madsen (daleif+mem...@imf.au.dk)

He's the new memoir maintainer.

regards Uwe