Dear all,

can anyone help me o track down  the error given by the following footnote
(transcribed in Latex-version from source window):

\footnote{The \emph{epagoghé eis to adunaton}, celebrated by the Eleatic
school
through Zeno's well-known arguments.

which gives a pdf output of:

1. The epagogh[Pleaseinsertintopreamble] eis to adunaton, celebrated by the
Eleatic school
through Zeno’s well-known arguments.

I suppose it may be  a problem with the glyph used for the  lower case
accented "e" in footnote size? I am using utf8x with the mathpmx package. I
am using the  memoir class heavily customized to publisher's specs.  I
cannot reproduce the problem with vanilla memoir class and mathpmx.
There must be a Latex conflict somewhere, I guess. But how can I  track it
down?

S.

Stefano Franchi
Department of Philosophy           Ph:   (1) 979 862-2211
Texas A&M University                 Fax: (1) 979 845-0458
College Station, Texas, USA