On 09/16/2010 09:21 AM, Graham Smith wrote:
I have Beamer set up to create a main presentation plus a child
document that produces an article (where I include additional
"article" only text) that I use as a handout.

A change of policy means that we are now handing out just an "outline"
of the main slide headings and the bullet points beneath them (no
frames or graphics).

Easily done in PowerPoint (just print as an outline) which everyone
else uses, but its not obvious to me how I do this with Lyx. The
"proper" handout will be made available online, so I still need my
existing article ouput.

I did wonder if there might be some way of setting up a second child
document still with the beamer class, but with a print "outline" or
maybe even a TOC option, but I can't see anything as simple as that.

I'm not sure I fully understand what you want. What do you mean by "the bullet points beneath them"? I think of bullet points as things on the slides, so that's presumably not what you mean.

If it's just a matter of omitting certain things, then you could use branches to do this.

If the idea is to print an outline with the frame titles as bullet points under the section headings, then I don't think Beamer has an option for this. But it could be done by redefining a few things.

rh