First off, unless you have a specific reason to put the article-only text in
child documents, I'd probably advocate including it in the original text file in
branches (just to keep things together).  If you have a particular reason to use
child documents, then maybe put the child include statements in a branch (so you
can turn them on and off easily).

I assume you only need to generate the outline thingy for the final
presentation.  Does the following produce what you want?

1. Once the presentation is done, save a copy of the LyX file with a new name
(so as not to molest the original).

2. Change the document class from presentation (beamer) to article (beamer).

3. If necessary, delete the inclusion of the child documents from the copy
(easily done if they're in a branch -- just turn the branch off).

4. Compile/print/distribute.

This gets rid of the background stuff and cosmetic graphics.  I'm not 100% sure
it's what you're looking for, but it's easy enough to try.

/Paul