On 09/26/2010 08:12 AM, vamsi krishna wrote:
hi uwe,

unfortunately I am having almost the same problem of compiling the master file.

I have to submit my thesis in 4 days and i am facing compiling problems. At my university everyone use Latex except me(using Latex portable suit LYX ), and incase of any technical problems I am completely depending on forums. So any help from you guys
is really appreciated

I tried to change the font of all my child documents which I included in master file. All my child document could generate proper pdf document individually. But
when I include them in Masterfile1.lyx it is showing a compilation error

Description :

...SD} Modulator using single bit Dither}{62}

I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,

so I will ignore the font specification.

[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]

You might try inserting a different font spec;

e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

I am attaching a the main file and one of the subfile.

That is a weird error. It looks to me as if you're either lacking some font specifications or else they have been corrupted somehow. As Uwe was, I am able to compile this document without problems. So, worst case scenario: Get one of us to compile it for you.

Try setting all fonts to default and see if that works.

If there are lots of people around your university that use LaTeX, then maybe you could export your file to LaTeX and have someone have a look at it. The error is there, not in LyX.

Richard