On 2010-11-13, stefano franchi wrote:
> --90e6ba5bba6103dafb0494f63b0c

> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 4:22 PM, stefano franchi

> For Lyx, I used the method described in the wiki for XeTeX (define a
> new pdf format, etc), and switched the bibtex processor to biber in the
> preferences.

> Everyone seems to strongly recommend a switch away from babel to
> polyglossia (for XeTeX as well as for LuaTeX), but I didn't (nor would
> I know how to do so from within LyX). No problems so far.

My latest knowledge (from comp.text.tex) is that polyglossia does not
work with luatex (but may be updated to do so sometimes).

Babel should work with luatex as long as there is no font-encoding switch, i.e.
for languages using a Latin script.

Babel will switch to pre-unicode LaTeX fonts if you try it for typesetting
Cyrillic or Greek.

Günter