On 12/06/2010 06:06 PM, Steve Litt wrote:
On Monday 06 December 2010 17:18:33 Paul Rubin wrote:
Steve Litt<slitt<at>  troubleshooters.com>  writes:
2) I set it, removed it, and then it came back. Ugh!
There's a ticket about #2 in the bug tracker (#6688 -- I filed it), and I
  just saw a status update on it recently.  Apparently the personal
  dictionary entry is going away in LyX 2.0, so the bug won't need to be
  fixed.
With what will they replace the personal dictionary in LyX 2.0?

I believe the intention is to manage the personal dictionary internally, though I am not the one doing this work. It is your namesake, Stephan Witt ;-). The main motivation is that the various backends we use aren't at all consistent in how they handle adding and removing words, and some of them don't even support removal. There's also the issue with persistence, which you seem to have experienced. So doing it all inside LyX, as far as the personal dictionary goes, makes sense.

Richard