On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 7:56 AM, Guenter Milde <mi...@users.berlios.de> wrote:
> On 2011-01-16, Liviu Andronic wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 8:51 PM, Guenter Milde <mi...@users.berlios.de>
>> wrote:
>
>>> Most probably, you don't need the TeX ligatures (at least, they should
>>> not be needed with LyX), so leaving the offending option out is the
>>> simplest way.
>>> Otherwise, check the fontconfig documentation for your version.
>
>> I haven't intentionally set any ligature option. How could I disable it?
>
> I don't know. Maybe they are hard-coded (which IMO would be a bug),
> maybe there is an option in the non-TeX font settings dialogue.

I couldn't find any.

>>> If LyX inserts the option, export to LaTeX, fix and compile "by hand".
>>> If this helps, report back so that it could be fixed in LyX.
>
>> I managed to export to LaTeX (xetex or luatex) and comment out the
>> ligature line,
>
> You need the line (which selects the font), but not the option.
> Remove only the part in [] including the brackets themselves.

OK, I see.

>> but then I'm not sure how to compile by hand. I tried
>> latex newfile3.tex
>> xetex newfile3.tex
>> luatex newfile3.tex
>
>> They all fail with multiple errors.  Ideas?
>
> `latex` and `pdflatex` will fail (if you exported as (Xe|Lua)tex) because
> of Unicode characters and the fontconfig package.
>
> `xetex` and `luatex` correspond to `tex` - the "plain" TeX macro set.
>
> You need `xelatex` or `lualatex`. If there are still errors, report
> them.

...the joy of TeX-ing. :) After removing the ligature option xelatex
compiled the document fine. But when I export to LaTeX luatex and then
lualatex the document I get a lot of errors. From the messages it is
as if the exported .tex file was prepared for XeTeX and not for
LuaTeX.

Regards
Liviu