On 02/03/2011 05:54 AM, Kristoffer Lawson wrote:
Hi there, I am writing a report about a project I was running (in my signature for those
curious :) and I would like to have captions for my images. By using directly inserted
graphics there seems to be no way to do this. I tried using floated graphics but here the
problem is that each caption gets the text "Figure 1:" to it. This is something
I don't want as the images are there just to liven up the story, and I do not refer to
them.

I found a hack to remove the figure number, but the "Figure :" text still
remains. Am I missing some really obvious option?

In LyX, just delete the caption inset: the thing that says "Figure 1".

Richard